|Category:||SuSE Local Security Checks|
|Title:||SUSE: Security Advisory (SUSE-SU-2016:1345-1)|
|Summary:||The remote host is missing an update for the 'wireshark' package(s) announced via the SUSE-SU-2016:1345-1 advisory.|
The remote host is missing an update for the 'wireshark' package(s) announced via the SUSE-SU-2016:1345-1 advisory.
This update to Wireshark 1 12.11 fixes a number of issues in protocol dissectors that could have allowed a remote attacker to crash Wireshark or cause excessive CPU usage through specially crafted packages inserted into the network or a capture file.
- The PKTC dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-22)
- The PKTC dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-23)
- The IAX2 dissector could go into an infinite loop (wnpa-sec-2016-24)
- Wireshark and TShark could exhaust the stack (wnpa-sec-2016-25)
- The GSM CBCH dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-26)
- The NCP dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2016-28)
- CVE-2016-2523: DNP dissector infinite loop (wnpa-sec-2016-03)
- CVE-2016-2530: RSL dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-10)
- CVE-2016-2531: RSL dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-10)
- CVE-2016-2532: LLRP dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-11)
- GSM A-bis OML dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-14)
- ASN.1 BER dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-15)
- ASN.1 BER dissector crash (wnpa-sec-2016-18)
Also containsfurther bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in:
[link moved to references] [link moved to references]
'wireshark' package(s) on SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11-SP4, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4, SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4
Please install the updated package(s).
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2016-2523|
Debian Security Information: DSA-3516 (Google Search)
SuSE Security Announcement: openSUSE-SU-2016:0660 (Google Search)
SuSE Security Announcement: openSUSE-SU-2016:0661 (Google Search)
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2016-2530
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2016-2531
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2016-2532
|Copyright||Copyright (C) 2021 Greenbone Networks GmbH|
|This is only one of 97459 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.