|Category:||SuSE Local Security Checks|
|Title:||SUSE: Security Advisory (SUSE-SU-2017:3381-1)|
|Summary:||The remote host is missing an update for the 'Salt' package(s) announced via the SUSE-SU-2017:3381-1 advisory.|
The remote host is missing an update for the 'Salt' package(s) announced via the SUSE-SU-2017:3381-1 advisory.
This update for salt fixes one security issue and bugs.
The following security issues have been fixed:
- CVE-2017-14695: A directory traversal vulnerability in minion id
validation allowed remote minions with incorrect credentials to
authenticate to a master via a crafted minion ID. (bsc#1062462)
- CVE-2017-14696: It was possible to force a remote Denial of Service with
a specially crafted authentication request. (bsc#1062464)
Additionally, the following non-security issues have been fixed:
- Removed deprecation warning for beacon configuration using dictionaries.
- Fixed beacons failure when pillar-based suppressing config-based.
- Fixed minion resource exhaustion when many functions are being executed
in parallel. (bsc#1059758)
- Remove 'TasksTask' attribute from salt-master.service in older versions
of systemd. (bsc#985112)
- Fix for delete_deployment in Kubernetes module. (bsc#1059291)
- Catching error when PIDfile cannot be deleted. (bsc#1050003)
- Use $HOME to get the user home directory instead using '~
'Salt' package(s) on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3
Please install the updated package(s).
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2017-14695|
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2017-14696
|Copyright||Copyright (C) 2021 Greenbone Networks GmbH|
|This is only one of 97459 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.