|Category:||SuSE Local Security Checks|
|Title:||SUSE: Security Advisory (SUSE-SU-2018:0386-1)|
|Summary:||The remote host is missing an update for the 'Version update for docker, docker-runc, containerd, golang-github-docker-libnetwork' package(s) announced via the SUSE-SU-2018:0386-1 advisory.|
The remote host is missing an update for the 'Version update for docker, docker-runc, containerd, golang-github-docker-libnetwork' package(s) announced via the SUSE-SU-2018:0386-1 advisory.
This update for docker, docker-runc, containerd,
golang-github-docker-libnetwork fixes several issues.
These security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2017-16539: The DefaultLinuxSpec function in oci/defaults.go docker
did not block /proc/scsi pathnames, which allowed attackers to trigger
data loss (when certain older Linux kernels are used) by leveraging
Docker container access to write a 'scsi remove-single-device' line to
/proc/scsi/scsi, aka SCSI MICDROP (bnc#1066801)
- CVE-2017-14992: Lack of content verification in docker allowed a remote
attacker to cause a Denial of Service via a crafted image layer payload,
aka gzip bombing. (bnc#1066210)
These non-security issues were fixed:
- bsc#1059011: The systemd service helper script used a timeout of 60
seconds to start the daemon, which is insufficient in cases where the
daemon takes longer to start. Instead, set the service type from
'simple' to 'notify' and remove the now superfluous helper script.
- bsc#1057743: New requirement with new version of docker-libnetwork.
- bsc#1032287: Missing docker systemd configuration.
- bsc#1057743: New 'symbol' for libnetwork requirement.
- bsc#1057743: Update secrets patch to handle 'old' containers that have
orphaned secret data no longer available on the host.
- bsc#1055676: Update patches to correctly handle volumes and mounts when
Docker is running with user namespaces enabled.
- bsc#1045628:: Add patch to make the dm storage driver remove a
container's rootfs mountpoint before attempting to do libdm operations
on it. This helps avoid complications when live mounts will leak into
- bsc#1069758: Upgrade Docker to v17.09.1_ce (and obsolete
- bsc#1021227: bsc#1029320 bsc#1058173 -- Enable docker devicemapper
support for deferred removal/deletion within Containers module.
- bsc#1046024: Correct interaction between Docker and SuSEFirewall2, to
avoid breaking Docker networking after boot.
- bsc#1048046: Build with -buildmode=pie to make all binaries PIC.
- bsc#1072798: Remove dependency on obsolete bridge-utils.
- bsc#1064926: Set --start-timeout=2m by default to match upstream.
- bsc#1065109, bsc#1053532: Use the upstream makefile so that Docker can
get the commit ID in `docker info`.
Please note that the 'docker-runc' package is just a rename of the old
'runc' package to match that we now ship the Docker fork of runc.
'Version update for docker, docker-runc, containerd, golang-github-docker-libnetwork' package(s) on SUSE OpenStack Cloud 6, SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Containers 12
Please install the updated package(s).
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2017-14992|
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2017-16539
|Copyright||Copyright (C) 2021 Greenbone Networks GmbH|
|This is only one of 97459 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.